Rotor Tip LEDs
Over the years, people have used various methods to determine if their rotor blade tips are flying at the same height.
Now that super bright LEDs are available in a range of colours, you can mount a different coloured LED on each rotor tip
and it is easy to see the tracking error.
The Smart Avionics Rotor Tip LEDs feature:
- Super bright, daylight visible 5mm LEDs.
- Available colours are red, green,
blue, orange & white.
- One person operation (no strobes or other equipment to hold while flying).
- Automatic on/off (senses G force).
- Long battery life (a few hours) and easy battery replacement.
- Lightweight streamlined enclosure and sturdy mounting bracket.
- Bracket easily attached to the rotor using a single screw.
- Two standard mounting brackets are available:
- The flat mounting bracket is designed to be used with rotors that have a flat end plate equipped with a tapped hole to which the bracket
can be attached.
- The 'L' shaped mounting bracket is designed to be used with rotors that do not have a flat end plate but are equipped with a tapped hole in the
underside of the rotor.
- Custom brackets can be produced to order.
Further information can be found in the Rotor Tip LED Application Notes.
Here are HTML versions of that document with Google translations:
Note: It is not intended that the tip LEDs are permanently installed. They should be removed once the tracking has been adjusted.
To purchase Rotor Tip LEDs, visit the shopping
Copyright 2014 Smart Avionics Ltd.